Tuesday, January 8, 2013

UI and Concept Art

Here is a UI design I did for a Mobile gaming company in 2013:
This led to the A.D. asking me to do some quick spec art of monster designs. Very Pokemon-esque, so I spent an hour and quickly submitted these samples:
Nah, they said, doesn't fit the style enough. In fact, we're gonna go ahead and make a style sheet, and then get back to you with that, give you another shot. Finally a month later I had a style sheet, as well a basic assignment: create a baby and adult version of a lion, with a water theme. Doesn't matter WHAT kind of version of water, surprise us. Here's the roughs:
The A.D. thought the Steam lion was an interesting concept, and told me to evolve that to a finished piece. Here's what I did with that:
  These are the kinds of assignments I can't get enough--rough, quick concepts, the sky's the limit, here's some basic parameters, show us what you can do.  Many people ask, "How do you come up with these ideas?", and for me, I wonder how people CAN'T come up with ideas. :)

No comments: