Monday, July 2, 2012

"What Is Your Style?"

Probably one of the biggest critiques I get from Art Directors is that they can't figure out what my style is. Well, GOOD! If you're working for a company that changes the visual development with your next project, it seems having an artist with a wide, diverse range would be beneficial, in my opinion, but some A.D.s get confused by this. I think I'm going to eventually just make websites with very specific styles of art, and just create strange and ridiculous pen names, to just differentiate what I do, and not have to deal with that issue any more. Jason Martin will do cute, cartoony art that's predominantly round and vector. Sir Leo Cornelius Fishgraff III will do the dark, edgy fantasy. And Baxter Petinschew will do children's books. Well, until I figure that out, here's a dark, edgy quick gesture I did the other day. Integrating a lot more textures into my art. Really seems to add an organic edge to what I'm making, no doubt.

No comments: